North Carolina Payday Loans Are for Everyone
North Carolina is justly famous for its diversity. The west features the beautiful mountains of Smoky National Park, while the east can boast of its pristine beaches and the popular Outer Banks. The lush piedmont in between these two extremes is home to some of the nation's top universities, such as Duke and UNC at Chapel Hill. Even the barbeque has regional variations. North Carolinians fight over which is best, East Carolina or West Carolina pulled pork.
The people of North Carolina are diverse as well. Immigrants have long sought jobs and homes in this state, and the workforce includes tobacco farmers, medical researchers, tech developers, and full-time military personnel. Regardless of profession, payday loans can help individuals who are struggling with a financial emergency or paying the bills.
If you are a Tarheel in need of a little extra help, review the information below to learn about how payday loans can benefit you. Knowledge is power, and we want to help you be financially strong.
Payday Loans and the Law in North Carolina
Payday loans from brick-and-mortar lenders have been illegal in North Carolina since 2001. In 2009 the state legislature passed even more regulations that closed previous loopholes. Therefore, residents seeking a payday loan have to be creative to find the cash assistance they need. The best route for North Carolinians is to use tribal lending services.
Tribal lenders are set up on reservations that are outside state laws. As sovereign territories they can set their own regulations and don't have to follow the restrictions established by state legislatures. This could mean traveling to western North Carolina and visiting a lender on the reservation there in person, or it could mean finding a tribal lender online.
Working With Tribal Payday Lenders
The Native American Financial Services Association (NAFSA) represents many tribal lenders to oversee responsible online loan offers. Both tribal and non-tribal borrowers can seek loans from tribal lenders. You do not have to be a member of any tribe or live on a reservation to qualify for a payday loan. Some important facts to keep in mind before borrowing from a tribal lender are:
- In North Carolina all loans are subject to a loan interest cap of 36% APR
- You cannot sue a tribal lender because they are a sovereign entity
- If a tribe doesn't offer you an arbitration committee in the event of a dispute you can take them to court
- Read the Consumer Financial Services code for the tribe you are borrowing from
- Not all tribes offer loans to all states
What makes Snappy Payday Loans different?
We're working hard to restore the reputation of payday loans, cash advances and other short term lending services. We believe that all kinds of people should have access to the financial products which can help them to deal with unforeseen expenses even if they have less than exemplary credit records. Unfortunately, the reputation of payday loans in North Carolina has been marred by less than reputable lenders who prey on the financially vulnerable.
If you've made the informed decision to take out a payday loan you can do so safe in the knowledge that Snappy Payday Loans can help you do so in the safest way possible. Remember we are not a payday lender. Instead we put you in touch with the right payday loans direct lenders in North Carolina to suit your needs, helping you to make a well informed and zero-obligation decision that's right for you and your household.
Why do North Carolinians Take Out Payday Loans
The reasons for needing payday loans are as diverse as the population. In the Appalachian spine of the state, jobs are hard to find and wages are lower. A payday loan can be a helpful tool in bridging the gap between one paycheck and the next.
In the Piedmont section of North Carolina, once thriving furniture factories and textile mills have closed as jobs have headed south of the border. Highly skilled factory workers who made a good living now find themselves struggling to retrain for a whole new career. A payday loan can make budgeting a little easier when you've just started a new job.
On the east coast and in the southeast, the military is a prominent player in the communities. At Camp Lejeune and on Fort Bragg marines and soldiers sometimes need to stretch their pay a little further. If you're new to the state because you've just PCSed, a payday loan may help you set up your new household.
Know Your Rights for Payday Loans in North Carolina
If you choose to seek a payday loan from a tribal lender in North Carolina, be aware of these basic rights that are a part of federal law in the United States.
- You cannot be arrested for failing to pay back a payday loan. However, if you receive a court summons and do not appear, a judge may issue a warrant for your arrest.
- Tribal payday lenders, although operating from a sovereign entity, must still abide by the federal laws of the United States when giving you your loan.
- Under the Military Lending Act (MLA) active-duty servicemen and their eligible dependents have extra protections. They can't be required to submit to mandatory arbitration or create a voluntary military allotment in order to secure the payday loan.
- A tribal payday lender cannot garnish your wages for payment without a court order or judgement.
- You have the right to stop tribal payday lenders from taking automatic electronic payments from your bank account. If you previous approved ACH authorization, you can rescind it.
- North Carolina caps interest rates on loans at 36%. If your tribal lender has issued a loan that exceeds that, contact the state attorney's office.
How the Loan Process Works
When you apply for payday loans through our website, the process is completely secure and confidential. Our 128-bit encrypted connection transmits your application to our partners without the risk of interception by third parties.
We pride ourselves on our simple, streamlined application process. Most people are approved if they meet the following requirements:
- Have an active checking account in good standing
- Are a permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- Are age 18 or older
- Have had a job for at least one month
- Can supply a working phone number and email address
The Types of Lenders Available
You can get payday loans and cash advances in North Carolina only online. Fill out an online request form if the lender has one.
Then there are online-only companies such as Snappy Payday Loans. We offer a variety of helpful features:
- With our quick service, most loans distributed within one business day.
- Loans are deposited right into your bank account.
- Lenders are often willing to work with applicants who have bad credit.
- You only have fill out a simple online form.
We do not loan you the money, but we use the information you submit to match you with a direct lender (assuming you qualify for a loan). The direct lenders working with us operate by Online Lenders Association best practices. This online option is convenient because you don't have to leave your home and wait in line or wait for a business to open. We process applications on secure servers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Get Cash Now
If you want a loan as soon as possible, check out our easy online form. Start the process here, and see if you're matched to a lender. If you don't like the rates or terms proposed, you are under no obligation to accept the offer. It's a win-win situation in which you get to see whether you qualify and what the terms are like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a payday loan help build my credit score?
Payday loans are not reported to the credit agencies, therefore they have no effect on your credit score and rating. If you fail to pay the loan back and it goes to collections, then it may be reported to the credit bureaus. This will have a negative impact on your credit rating.
What is a roll over?
A roll over is a payday loan that is renewed instead of being repaid. Typically, if you are unable to pay when the loan is due, a lender might offer a roll over if you pay the fees. The loan is now renewed for another term. The fees you pay do not go towards the principle of the loan. Not every lender will do a rollover, so it's a good idea to inquire about them before you choose your lender.
How do I qualify for a payday loan?
Most lenders require the following:
- Valid ID proving that you are at least 18 years old
- An active credit union, bank, or prepaid card account
- Verification of income from a job or other source
What should I consider before getting a payday loan online?
Before taking out a loan with any online lenders, make sure you have a plan to repay the loan. Know how much it will actually cost you to borrow this money. Add up all the fees and interest you will pay. Find the lender's contact information online. Be sure to have a street address, email address, and phone number. You will need this information if you want to revoke electronic account access or need other legal assistance.
What are the lender's privacy policies?
What can I do if I can't repay my loan?
Ask the lender for an extended repayment plan. This lets you repay the loan in smaller installments over a longer period. You can also ask for a roll over or loan renewal. If are really struggling to make any headway on your payday loan, find a credit counselor in your area. If you are military talk to your local Judge Advocate General's (JAG) office or go to your installation financial readiness office.